3CO03 Core Behaviours for People Professionals
- January 29, 2024
- Posted by: admin
- Category: CIPD Level 3
What is the 3CO03 Core Behaviours for People Professionals module?
3CO03 Core Behaviours for People Professionals is a CIPD Level 3 module that teaches HR professionals about important ethical and professional principles they should follow. It gives them a framework to handle tricky situations and to build trust with everyone involved
Who should take this module?
This course is for HR professionals, people managers, and anyone involved in things like dealing with employees, hiring new staff, or other jobs related to people.
What are the learning outcomes?
- Understand the CIPD Professional Standards and Code of Conduct.
- Apply ethical frameworks to decision-making in HR practices.
- Foster professional relationships based on trust and transparency.
- Navigate conflict situations ethically and constructively.
- Reflect on and develop your own professional practice.
What are the core behaviours covered?
This module explores six important behaviours that are crucial for success in the field. Let’s take a closer look at each one:
- This is about acting in a way that shows integrity, honesty, and competence. It’s like being a reliable and trustworthy professional.
- Treating everyone with dignity and fairness is key. It’s about valuing each person and making sure they feel respected.
- Upholding ethical principles and legal frameworks means doing what’s right by the rules and standards set for the job.
- Diversity and Inclusion:
- Embracing and valuing differences among people is important. This includes understanding and appreciating diversity in the workplace.
- Maintaining confidentiality is all about keeping sensitive information private. It’s trust-building behaviour.
- Continuously learning and developing professionally is a lifelong process. It means staying curious and growing in your role.
What specific topics are discussed?
In this module, we look at things like unconscious bias (when we judge people without realising it), managing conflicts of interest (when we have to balance different interests), whistleblowing (speaking up about something wrong), data protection (keeping information safe), and using technology responsibly.
Is there a legal or regulatory component?
Yes, in this module, we focus on important work rules and laws that affect how we do things in HR. Understanding these rules helps us make ethical choices in our job
What is the format of the assessment?
In the assessment, you might have to write about a situation or work through a scenario. It’s like showing how you’d use what you’ve learned in a real job.
What about the marking criteria?
Your work will be checked based on a few things:
- Understanding and Applying Core Behaviours:
- Show that you get the key behaviours we covered in the course and use them in your answers.
- Critical Thinking:
- Think about things carefully and provide well-thought-out responses.
- Ethical Reasoning:
- Consider what’s right and wrong in different situations, showing a good sense of ethics.
- Effective Communication:
- Make sure your ideas are clear and easy to understand.